HowStuffWorks - Learn How Everything Works! HowStuffWorks explains thousands of topics, ranging from the flu to black holes to conspiracy theories, with video and illustrations so you can learn how everything works.
- Why You Should Get Fired Up About Dragon Fruitby Patty Rasmussen on January 27, 2021 at 7:00 pm
This pretty pink fruit is part of the flower of a climbing cactus. The plant likely originated in Central America but you can find the fruit almost anywhere today.
- Noted Scholar Wants More Stories of Hope in Holocaust Teachingsby John Donovan on January 27, 2021 at 4:57 pm
Is graphically recounting the horrors of the Holocaust the only way to honor the dead and educate the living about this tragedy? Sociologist Arthur Shostak says no.
- The Biewer Terrier Just Became the AKC's Latest Breedby Wendy Bowman on January 27, 2021 at 4:00 pm
As the 197th breed to be recognized by the AKC, the Biewer terrier is popping up on the radar of dog lovers everywhere.
- Arkansas State Park Lets You Dig for Diamondsby Caroline Eubanks on January 27, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Crater of Diamonds State Park is the only public diamond mining site in the U.S. Thousands of people have dug up their own gems over the years. Some even struck it rich.
- Why Plato Considered the Poet Sappho the Tenth Museby Carrie Whitney, Ph.D. on January 27, 2021 at 12:00 am
We have just a fraction of Sappho's works, but what we have reveal her personal voice in Greek lyric poetry. Just who was this woman that so inspired even Plato?
Lifehacker Do everything better
- Use Plain Old YouTube to Discover New Musicby Sam Blum on January 27, 2021 at 6:30 pm
Conventional wisdom surrounding music streaming goes something like this: Spotify rules all, and people with slightly different taste in their chosen platform will opt for Apple, or another service dedicated entirely to music. The big music players are all technological marvels in their own right, having…Read more...
- How to Install YouTube as a Progressive Web App on Windowsby Brendan Hesse on January 27, 2021 at 5:30 pm
You can now install YouTube as a progressive web app (PWA) on Windows. What does this mean? PWAs are like desktop shortcuts to websites that run in their own separate app window. They don’t take up much space and load faster than navigating to the website in Chrome or Edge. PWAs also get their own icons on the taskbar…Read more...
- Defrost Frozen Meat Faster With a Hot Water Bathby Melanie Pinola on January 27, 2021 at 5:00 pm
Buying meat when it’s on sale and then freezing it for when you need it is great...in theory. In practice, it’s difficult (some might even say impossible) to remember to thaw frozen meat ahead of time. The recommended method—thawing frozen meat overnight in the fridge—can take more than a day. It also requires…Read more...
- How to Spot a Foolproof Recipeby A.A. Newton on Skillet, shared by A.A. Newton to Lifehacker on January 27, 2021 at 4:30 pm
By any definition, Hidden Valley Ranch dip is the ultimate foolproof recipe. If you gave a million people a seasoning packet, a 16-ounce tub of sour cream, and a spoon each, they’d produce a million perfect batches of dip. Now that’s consistency. Read more...
- Wednesday's Best Deals: Mario Kart Live, Skechers Flurry Boots, Maybelline Sky High Mascara, Anker Soundcore 2, Hitman 3, Blanket Hoodie, and Moreby The Inventory Staff on Kinja Deals, shared by Gabe Carey to Lifehacker on January 27, 2021 at 4:15 pm
Jump to: Tech | Gaming | Home | Lifestyle | MediaRead more...
Mental Floss Random, Interesting, Amazing Facts - Fun Quizzes and Trivia
- From WFH Write-Offs to Stimulus Payments: We’re Answering 7 COVID-Related Tax Questionsby Jackie Lam on January 27, 2021 at 2:00 pm
COVID might have forced you to work from home or even temporarily move out of state for a bit. We're figuring out how all that impacts your 2020 tax returns.
- Faster Than the Speed of Flight: Watch the Concept Video for Virgin’s Hyperloop Transit Systemby Ellen Gutoskey on January 27, 2021 at 1:45 pm
Virgin’s Hyperloop pods would be faster than bullet trains and way more comfortable than subway trains.
- Titanic Survivor Molly Brown Has Made the Jump to Bobblehead Formby Elaine Selna on January 27, 2021 at 12:30 pm
You can now have your very own bobblehead of 'Titanic' survivor Molly Brown sitting right on your desk.
- Julia Child's Genius Trick for Making Perfect Poached Eggs Every Timeby Michele Debczak on January 27, 2021 at 12:30 pm
If you want to know how to poach eggs without making a mess, cookbook author and celebrity chef Julia Child has a tip that can help.
- 15 Kitchen Accessories That Will Help Your Food Last Longerby Sarah Kim on January 27, 2021 at 12:00 pm
Have a tendency to forget about groceries? Help make your food last longer and strech ingredients and meals with these products.
- Archetype Family: Thinking
- Other Expressions: Professional, Student, Scholar, Judge
- Life Journey: To pursue knowledge for the sake of discovering thruth in all areas of life.
- Unique Challenge: To recognize when I’ve locked myself into a line of thinking
based on my education or experience; to remain open to new ideas.
- Lesson To Learn: To learn to listen to my gut, and to discern the differences between reason and truth.
- Defining Grace: Wisdom
- Challenge To Self: I will avoid paralysis by analysis.
THE CRONE: The wise woman who hands down information to younger women on the path to womanhood. You can also become bitter, cranky and intolerant with age.
THE SEEKER: You are on a search for truth and wisdom wherever it can be found. You can also be a lost soul.
THE PHILOSOPHER: You are on a pursuit to better understand the meaning of life . You can also become too opinionated and “certain”.
THE THEOLOGIAN: You are passionate about the study of a particular religion. You can also be dogmatic.
THE JUDGE: You excel at mediation, arbitration and cutting through to the heart of the matter with compassion , fairness and balance. You can also be prone to excessive criticism, profiling, lack of compassion, misuse of laws.
THE INVENTOR: You are a modern day alchemist that converts matter into energy or energy into matter. You can apply your skills between the spiritual , entertainment or visionary realms. You can also use your knowledge to trick , manipulate, or alter facts or systems with criminal implications.
THE SCHOLAR/STUDENT: Scholars and students bring a lively curiosity with them wherever they go.
THE GEEK: Geeks and nerds are true to themselves, and because of this they can be inspiring as friends who don’t judge books by their covers or people by their shoes.
THE SCIENTIST: Scientists are able to keep several ideas in their heads at the same time. They are as happy listening as talking and are always up for an intelligent conversation.
THE LIAR: When individuals whose stock and trade is their wisdom and knowledge cannot deliver the goods, they resort to fabrication, hiding behind their authority.
THE MISANTHROPE: While many Intellectuals are humanists, drawing information from all kinds of people and delighting in imparting wisdom to just as many, some are misanthropic.